25.5.10

And She's Back! :)

HELLO!
Mmmmkay, so I got into blogging at the end of last year and I really enjoyed it, but then I got so busy that it seemed to be the last thing on my mind. But as you can tell via my facebook... ALOT has happened since I last blogged. Alot, being an understatement! Gee, what an amazing journey this last semester has been! Although God took me through quite a bit of muckity muck along the way, He held my hand the whole time. It really is amazing how the most difficult things in your life somehow seem less awful when you are surrounded with people who are praying for you, love you and care for you. God definitely placed so many people in my life during that time for me to fall on. It's very true that behind every dark cloud there's a silver lining, because in the end I came out a stronger person in the Lord. One of my favorite things that I learned is that the extent of God's grace far extends the extent of mine :) What a beautiful thing that is <3 His mighty hand held me back from the judgement that my selfish heart desired to bestow on those who had hurt me. I am so thankful he did this, though. I love Him so much because He never fails to teach me marvelous things when I am in the midst of a hardship.

Lately I have been doing something that I think everyone should try to do because it really challenges you to see through the eyes of the Lord. I decided a while ago that face-value relationships need to die. Brutal, yes... true... VERY. I believe that God places people into our lives to teach us something about Him. Recently, He has charged me to discover which of His attributes are being displayed through the different people I meet. It really is a beautiful thing when you can directly pinpoint what characteristic of the Lord you are supposed to be learning from a specific person in your life. It seems as though God is always teaching me something extraordinary and wild. It's amazing what I see when I take a step back from my world and turn my thoughts away from myself. It is in those times that I am able to focus on other people and discover what makes them truly valuable to the Lord and to me.
Eliminate face-value relationships.
I dare you :)
In other news... I survived my last semester as a sophomore at CBU! I finished with all high A's and one icky grade from Mooney's Old Testament Survey class. Honestly, I am just happy I even passed that class! haha :) It is always a difficult journey to the end of classes before summer because time seems to halt and slow down to a turtle pace. But here's where my biggest encouragement comes in to the story....
[Enter Jacob David Brainard]
*triumphant music resounds*
A boy, you say?? Why, yes. A boy. One who happens to be my wonderful and amazing boyfriend :) God really knew what He was doing with this one (he he). As of ten days ago, we have been together for a woppin' 4 months! We all make our silly little wishes on 11-11, but guess what??
I got mine <3
And lastly, choir tour 2010 :) WHAT A BLAST! Something really special about this tour was that within a few days of tour starting, I could pinpoint exactly what God wanted to teach me during those two weeks. I could feel Him tugging at my heart to have a servant's heart just like Him. I felt like a totally new person once I submitted my heart to His plan for me on tour. I made an effort all of tour to practice the attitude of a selfless servant. 
Selfless servanthood.
Try it?
... and now, here I am. May 25, 2010. It's crazy how time flies so fast. In just a matter of about two weeks I will be packing up my stuff again and moving up to Angeles Crest Christian Camp for 11 weeks :) I am so stoked to see what God is going to do up there! 

Welp... looks like I'm all finished :)
That's it for now!

"Your people are yearning, desperate for truth. Take over this nation and reclaim Your youth!"

~ Radiant Ragamuffin 

No comments:

Post a Comment