12.12.09

Blogging? What's that?

        Oh, goodness... It's about time I started one of these things. I seriously am not one to write in a journal, or diary... but seeing as I am about to enter a crazy next few (more like 5 or so) years in my life, I feel like starting to blog may be a good thing for me. I mean, how awesome will it be to be able to read back and see what God was doing in my heart in that specific time in my life? I'm not even sure if anyone will read this... but even if it is just my parents, to check up on me, and see if I'm still alive at school, that's good enough for me :)
        See, I don't do this often, so I'm not even sure where to start... I guess I can just go off on why exactly I decided to do this.... In one word, I can explain my reasoning behind wanting to journal the next five or so, years of my life... NURSING. Yes, ladies and gents... that's right... Chelsea Marie has changed her major, and is now studying to be a nurse :) Crazy, right?? Honestly, it all hit me like a whirlwind... so I don't expect anyone to quite understand it all. I guess you can say that it wasn't exactly my idea in the first place. But rather the idea of a puppeteer, who sees me as His priceless puppet. He tugged gently at my heartstrings, poured within me a desire to lead people to His glory, and save them both physically and spiritually. He's kinda funny how He works that way. So quietly, that often times, we count what He says as unimportant. I think this is because, unless He loudly and boisterously lets us know what He wants us to do... we ignore what He says. Because somehow, for some reason, we think that what He has to say is unimportant, unless proclaimed louder than our ears can handle. Why is this? I feel like for so long I decided to take settle for what others seemed to think I would be good at, and what I felt would be easier than other majors. Settling for less than Gods best, that's what I did. Granted, I had always held a special place in my heart for kids, and teaching... but to tell you the truth, I always knew that somewhere, doing something else, I could make more of a difference in the world, but more so... in someone's heart.
        I wanted so badly to be Kingdom minded, and to further God's Kingdom in every way that I possibly could. I know that teachers have such an impact of the lives of children, but for me, I want to serve Lord and further His kingdom in another area. Anyways... I have come to realize that the medical field is where God wants me. But goodness, it hasn't been easy to do. In order to completely follow the calling the Lord has for you... you must cast off anything that inhibits you from doing so. In my life, this primarily meant a social life... and theatre :( I realized though, that it would be foolish of me, to put off what God is calling me to do, for a two month long rehearsal/show process. I love theatre, and the family I have made at CBU through it... but there is something to be said for giving up what you love most, to run full fledged, with nothing pressing you down, to the will of God. I have to leave theatre and a social life, because the nursing program at Cal Baptist is not exactly a stroll down easy street lol. 
        But enough about that, in short, I know that these upcoming years will be a struggle, which will require submission, which in turn will result in splendor because I will wake up every day, knowing that at my job, God is able to do His finest work through me in the lives of people who desperately need Him. My Dad said it beautifully when He wrote this to me... "Be His hands to those who can't reach out. Be His feet for those who can't walk. Be His eyes to those who can't see. Be His strength to those that need comforting. Be His arms when the hurting need a hug. Be His smile to those that need encouragement. Be His Life when all around you people are searching for theirs. Love, Daddy."  Honestly, I can not think of a better way to put it. Well, anyways.... can you tell that I'm just a little bit excited to start this new adventure?? :) I can't wait :) And I think that through the struggles, submission and splendor... it will be wonderful to write my heart here, to look back on and reminisce about. 
        Well, I'm thinking thats enough for tonight. Seeing as, I've kept you reading for about 5 centuries :) See ya tomorrow, world... but for now... I have a one way ticket to dreamland and back! Don't wanna be late for my train! Buh bye, and blessings!

~ Radiant Ragamuffin

1 comment:

  1. Birdie, Mom & I are so proud of the "Radiant Ragamuffin" you have become. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all the way. God Speed! Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete