15.12.09

"I did this just for you."


"Grab them with passion. Win them with love. Hold them with holiness. Challenge them with truth. Amaze them with God." 

        Today was a good day :) There's nothing like not falling asleep until 5:30 a.m. AGAIN. But, something set last night apart from the rest :) I GOT MARRIED! That's right.... I am now the proud, Mrs. Tyler Sullins. BAH! Love that kid :) Seriously we skyped for what seemed like forever. Thanks for the awesome smiles and accents, ty :) I have never talked for such a long period of time in a British accent. Twas Mahvelous! So.... after skyping for like five million years, I finally drifted off to Dreamland around 5:30, and woke up at 1:00... as usual. 
        Work was lovely, as well :) I swear, I just feel like such a little kid when I go to work there... it's so awesome! The kids truly bring out the best in me, and I am so blessed by them :) Today we painted star ornaments that we made out of popsicle sticks :) I made one too, and by gum... it's adorable! I'll bring it home tomorrow after work, and take a pic for y'all to see! 
        Today one of my co-workers told me about how a little 2nd grader was sent home by his teacher, and was psychologically evaluated because of a drawing he had done in class during art time. The teacher told them to draw a picture of what christmas means to them, and the little boy drew a picture of Jesus dying on the cross. The teacher sent him to the office, and had him tested for psychological problems. They said that since the child drew x's over the eyes (to symbolized that He had died), He was being violent and could harm another student. Well, honestly, among many other issues that this teacher has.. I think she needs to have a little lesson in just how violent Christ's death was. Who is she to say that x's over Jesus' eyes on the cross is violent? The second part to the story is that when the child was asked about the picture, he said that it was actually him on the cross. He said, "It's because Jesus died for my sins, so it's kinda like me being up there too." WOW. Powerful.  If only we could all be so bold as to imagine ourselves on the cross with Jesus, because in reality.... we should have been up there too. Our sins are so numerous and filthy, yet He took them all upon Himself, so that through His blood we could be set free. This little kid's story of unashamed passion and love for the Lord blessed me so much today. I only pray that I am blessed to have a beautiful, beaming baby of the Lord, who reflects His beauty and magnificence in such a pure way. <3
On my mind:
mercy
grace
cbu
sleep
scrubs
science
patience
diligence
students
family
love
christmas
memories
hugs
.THE.END.
        I seriously have really enjoyed blogging, because it is sooo therapeutic, and relaxing. I enjoy unwinding at the end of the day and reflecting on everything I was blessed to have endured today. Truly, I didn't deserve another day to live today.... but guess what... I woke up, took a breath and lived!  Tomorrow is Wednesday... what that means, I don't know. But, I guess thats the joy in life :) The mystery of not knowing what tomorrow holds, and knowing that throughout it, you are given multitudes of opportunities to shine for the One who shines brighter that even the most beautiful sunrise imaginable :) I can't wait to wake up tomorrow, take a deep breath, and sparkle <3 
  Every gift reveals god’s love, but no gift reveals His love more than the gifts of the cross. They came not wrapped in paper, but in passion. not placed around a tree, but a cross, And not covered with ribbons, but sprinkled with blood. 
   Pause and listen. Perchance you will hear Him whisper:
"I did this just for you."

~Radiant Ragamuffin

No comments:

Post a Comment